Since it’s the beginning of the month, Tip Junkie is here as Your Personal Assistant. Take a day and really plan and organize your schedule. Here are some of the things to do:
1. Check birthdays for the month, buy cards & presents, get them ready to mail or deliver. If you have a child’s birthday this month, plan it and get out the invites.
Tip Junkie turns 3 this month, To celebrate, I’ll be hosting a huge Birthday Bash June 14th – 19th!! Submit your birthday parties, so I can feature you and inspire others. We’ll also be having a week full of giveaways.
2. Father’s Day is Sunday, June 20th. Need some gift inspiration, here are some great ideas:
- Handmade Father’s Day Gifts
- Custom Board Book
- Teach Me Thursday – Father’s Day
- Father’s Day
- Look What I made for Father’s Day
3. If you’re still looking for Graduation ideas here you go:
* Graduation Celebration
* End of School Year Celebrations
* Graduation Party Ideas and Teach Me – Graduation
* Last Day of School Traditions
* Teacher Appreciation Ideas and here
* End of the school party for friends
4. Clear schedule for book club, girls night out, BUNCO, and other rotating activities. Make sure you have child care, your food assignment, etc. Here’s how to start a dinner club.
5. If you are doing a food storage, time to check the schedule and buy next on the list. Don’t forget to put some cash in there as well.
6. Change AC house filter.
7. Write one grandparent a letter, artwork, or card.
8. Mommy/Son or Daddy/Daughter dates.
9. Plan a date night with your loved one, arrange the babysitter in advance.
10. Plan Summer: Camping trips, Trips to the lake, and Weekends at grandma’s. We coordinate most of these outings with friends, so we also get friends vacation schedule to make the most of our summer.
Looking for some summer activities to do with your kiddos? Check these out:
- Creative Summer Activities
- Summer Fun Time Tips
- Any of the fun crafty For The Kids posts
- Make a Vacation Count Down Calendar
- Summer Activities and Crafts for the Kids
- Chore Chart Printables
- Play Room Decor Ideas
- Crafts, Activities, and Parenting for the Kiddos
- Spring Break Activities
- Summer Boredom Busters
- Handmade For the Kids
- Tips for Traveling with the Kids
- Kid Summer Activities
- Creative Chore Charts for Kids
11. Let’s start the month off right and make a list of the things that are causing you added stress. Make a list of the big ones as well as the little ones. Is something in the house that’s broken, is there an insurance issue you need to take care of, do you need an extra trash can upstairs to help keep things tidy?
Once you’ve thought it out and made your list, next plan a day this week as your “ongoing problem day” and finally resolve those issues that need to be resolved. You’ll be glad that you did!
12. For moms with toddlers: Summer is around the corner! Consider putting together “Special Days” and maybe invite a couple of their friends. I put together a Special Days Booklet with all my ideas that you can print out! Basically they are “blue day” or “Spider-man Day” and we would play games and do simple things using that color, shape, or theme. If you get another mother involved, it’s less work, and more fun. You could even rotate the days you host it.
Events coming up: (Submit your posts)
1. 3rd Annual Birthday Bash June 14th – 19th with fabulous prizes and over 120 birthday party ideas and tutorials. I’d love for you to be included:
- Do you have a birthday party file or printable you’d like to share with other mothers? Submit it so we can all save time and enjoy it too.
- Submit your birthday party blog posts so I can feature you and inspire others.
- Would you like to promote your handmade products by participating in our giveaways next week? Then fill out this quick form.
2. Christmas in July crafts and homemade gifts. It’s time to start planning for Christmas! What are you making this year? If you need some inspiration here you go:
3. 4th of July Entertaining
If you want to remind yourself to head on over to Tip Junkie at the beginning of every month for this segment, here’s a button you can put on the sidebar of your blog.