The New Year is a great time to make new goals and to reflect on your dreams for the future. AND New Year’s Eve is a perfect time to start a new tradition! I was inspired by my friend Barbara, who told me, last year, how she writes down her hopes, wishes and dreams for the coming year and places them in a special box — to be opened for reflection mid-year, or on the following New Year’s Eve. I loved the idea and and created a project using an embellished, upcycled can to make a sparkling activity for everyone to enjoy!
Just a Tip!
Difficulty: For Beginners
Estimated Time: Under 30 minutes
You Will Need...
- By upcycling a soup can with some scrapbook paper and my free printable label, you can share this tradition with your family and friends too. They're inexpensive, easy, and quick to make so you can make a whole batch to give as favors at your New Year's Eve Party.
- (Instructions are broken down for one can)
- Download and print the can label. All the graphics used in my label were download for free from my all-time favorite graphics source -- The Graphic's Fairy!
- Download and print the lid label on cardstock
- 1 26 oz. can Campbell'soup (I prepared the soup, then froze it in individual containers), lid removed with a Safety Can Opener (below), label removed and sterilized.
- A Safety Can Opener (Picked up mine at Walmart for less than $10) This is a great kitchen tool to invest in. It removes the lids from cans safely and easily -- no sharp edges. The best part is that the lid can be replaced after it's been removed.
- 2 sheets scrapbook paper (I used the gold and silver glitter paper from the Colorbok Neutral Specialty Pack at Walmart ($5 for 10 assorted sheets).
- X-ACTO Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler (I love this tool!!)
- X-ACTO 12x12 Self-Healing Mat (the perfect size for this craft)
- X-ACTO Designer Series Gripster Craft Knife (lightweight, precise and sharp!)
- X-ACTO Designer Series 8" Scissors (my favorite scissors for crafting)
- Elmer's Craft Bond EXTRA STRENGTH Glue Stick (Don't be tempted to use something else)
- Hot Glue Gun or Craft Bond Flexible Dual Tip Glue Pen
- A piece of scrap or newspaper to protect your work surface when using glue.
- Compass or circle cutter
You might also love...
Love this?Right Now!