Family traditions can create lasting happy memories for your children. One of my focuses as a mother is to Create Moments that Matter for my family. Therefore, I thought it would be really helpful to put all of my favorite family traditions in one place so you can organize several for your own family.
Simple Family Traditions
Most family traditions can be very simple activities that you do on a routine basis. For instance, growing up my dad made us shaped pancakes on Saturday morning. Because he took our breakfast one step further and made fun shapes with our food – an every day task turned into an anticipated tradition.
Children Advent: Vacation Count Down – Several children advent calendar ideas that you can use for any holiday or vacation count down.
Celebrate Birthday Traditions
- Celebrate a Birthday with Fun Activities – Birthday cake for breakfast, numbered shirt, and crepe paper doorway are just a few fabulous ideas you can do for your child’s special day.
- 12 Fun Birthday Activities - Here are 12 fun birthday activities you can do annually for your children on their special day.
- You Are Special Red Plate – Basically how the tradition works, is that you use the ‘You are Special’ red plate at meal time when someone accomplishes something, gets a good grades, has a birthday, etc.
Valentines for Children
- Valentine Craft for Kids – Several fun activities and yearly traditions you can do during Valentine’s Day.
- Cute Valentine Celebration Ideas - I hope you enjoy this seriously OTT Valentine’s Day post full of fabulous ideas submitted by Tip Junkie readers.
April Fools Practical Pranks
- April Fools Practical Pranks – A round up of several creative ways to pull pranks on your loved ones.
- Kids April Fools Prank Ideas – I’ve searched the net and have found some fun ideas you can do to make the day extra fun!
- April Fools Day Pranks – Several ideas to get you in the mood to play some practical jokes.
- 5 Easter Craft Activities - Here are five Easter crafts that also double as traditions to do with my children.
- 10 Easter Traditions for Children – I have several amazing Easter traditions for children that you can incorporate in your own home!
1st Day of School Activities
- 19 First Day of School Ideas and Activities – To make creating your own first day of school traditions even easier, I’ve put then all together into one printable.
- First Day of School Activities and Traditions – 5 easy first day of school activities that you can turn into traditions and do with your kids.
- End of School Year Activities – The end of school year activities can be such a fun time to celebrate with your children.
- End of School Year Celebrations – Creative ‘end of school year traditions’ as well as ‘welcome summer activities’ to do with the kids.
- Halloween Games for Kids – Here are the fun Halloween activities and traditions that I do with my boys.
- 12 Thanksgiving Craft Activities for Children – I love to feature Thanksgiving craft activities for children! I find it such a fun way to celebrate the thanksgiving season.
- 13 Thanksgiving Traditions for Children - I hope you’ll be inspired to do one of these activities with your family this year.
Christmas Family Activities
- How to Create Memorable Christmas Traditions – Today we’re focusing on how to create memorable Christmas Traditions for your family.
- 17 Creative Christmas traditions – A printable list from Executive Homemaker.
- You’ve Been Star’d – Ring and run activity you can do as a family.
- Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar – I have several and my boys really enjoy the tradition of counting down to Christmas.