This is the BEST gluten-free pie dough recipe I have found. It is buttery, flaky goodness that you expect from a pie crust without the beach sand grainy textures normally associated with gluten-free pasty dough. I do NOT have leaf lard in my recipe (sorry Art of the Pie), as the cost for leaf lard would be $4.00 PER PIE MY COST. This is all butter, all the time, all good, always. Enjoy!
Just a Tip!
Difficulty: Very Easy
Budget: Absolutely Free
Estimated Time: Under 30 minutes
You Will Need...
- Gluten Free Butter Pie Crust (Adapted from Tara Barker)
- 12 tablespoons cold salted butter ( 1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups gluten-free pastry flour blend (See below)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons ice cold water
- Pastry Flour Blend (Thanks from In Flora's Kitchen)
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 2/3 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch (or use cornstarch or tapioca starch)
Click an image or step number to view full size.
Inspired By:Baker Bliss Maker
You might also love...
Love this?Right Now!