I just love the way I feel in a cute apron! I’ve been wearing my Great Grandmother’s vintage aprons around the house and would love a free apron pattern to make some more. So, here are 24 free apron patterns with pictured instructions so you can make one too. Enjoy!
Free Apron Patterns
1. Beautiful Krista Free Apron Pattern - The Krista apron is fun and flirty with an elastic ruched top, cute little side pocket and ruffled bottom. Perfect for the feminine chef!
2. Soph’s Frilly Apron Tutorial – An Anthropologie inspired ruffled apron, final cost $11. *Sadly, this blog no longer exists.
3. Monogrammed Full Apron - A colorful apron with a darling monogrammed pocket.
4. Creating a Cute Apron with Leftover Fabric – A fun and flirty design and free apron pattern that’s embellished with a fabric flower.
5. Sweater Apron Tutorial - A really cool idea! Simply click on the pictured instructions to learn how to make it.
6. Full Apron Pattern with Pickets and Fabric Flowers – How to go about making your own custom fit apron. It’s very easy and only requires the very basics of sewing machine knowledge.
7. Canvas Apron - A beautifully embellished apron that’s painted on and has fabric flowers.
8. Two minute T-shirt Apron – How to make a quick apron when you know you’re going to get really messy.
9. Ruffled Apron from a Hand Towel – Take an ordinary hand towel, and turn it into a stylish apron. Easy to do!
10. Craft Apron out of a pair of old Jeans - A pictured step by step tutorial on how to make a fun craft apron out of jeans.
11. Garden Apron with Pockets - This apron is just perfect for the garden… or for crafting, or a craft fair. You get the picture. It’s versatile.
12. Clothespin Apron Tutorial - For those of you who are hanging your laundry out to dry, this tutorial is for you.
13. Easy T-shirt Aprons – No matter what you’re style (or your mom’s!)-there is a t-shirt for it. Which means there can be an apron for it, too! And for some of us…..we need all the help we can get making dinner preparation a little more exciting!
14. How to Make a Pillowcase Apron – A pictured tutorial on how to make a pillowcase into a half apron.
15. Half Apron with Comfort Ruffles – The ruffles in the ties help the top to stretch, so the apron stays comfortable whether you’re sitting, standing, or constantly getting up and sitting down!
16. Valentine Ruffled Apron - A quick tutorial on how to make this darling half apron with four layers of ruffles.
Vintage and Retro Apron Patterns
17. Reversible scalloped apron tutorial - Fancy, flirty aprons are all the rage, and they sell for good money at a lot of stores. But if you can sew, you can make your own, and I’ll show you how.
18. Mostly Vintage Apron Tutorial - A cute half apron embellished with lace.
19. Retro Ric Rac Apron – A darling half apron with ruffles and ric rac embellishment.
20. Alice in Wonderland Apron – Vintage pattern Advance 9606 an adorable pinafore apron inspired by Alice in Wonderland. *The creator of this apron made it as a gift and asked that her link be removed.
Kids Apron Pattern
21. Michael Miller patterns at Making It Fun has a crazy cool Kids Apron Pattern and Chef Hat Tutorial.
22. No Sew Child’s Apron from a Tea Towel - A fun kids apron tutorial that is made out of a towel and perfect for someone who doesn’t have a sewing machine.
23. Dish Towel Kids Apron – A very simple way to make an apron out of a dish towel for any toddler or child.
24. Reversible Children Apron with Fabric Crayon Embellishment Tutorial – What a cool way to capture one of your child’s drawings.
If you’d like these apron tutorials, you’ll love what I feature every day. Subscribe to Tip Junkie and get the most creative ideas sent to you via e-mail. It’s easy!