I Picked they chairs up from our local verge collection and decided they need a makeover. My partner and i will be buying our house soon and i want some beautiful, fun furniture to fill it so Im always looking for the second hand goodies they i can give a quick makeover to.
You Will Need...
- Old second hand chairs, Black matte spray paint, acrylic gloss spray paint, sander, staples and staple gun, fabric.
1. I pulled the Cushion of the chair, and the back detailing easily came off. Followed by a quick clean.
2. i sanded down the chairs because the paint was a bit scratched up and i wanted my finish to be as even as possible.
3. I spray painted the chairs black using between 2-3 coats, left for drying time then followed by the clear acrylic coat to prevent scratches.
4. While the chairs were drying i worked on my cushions. I pulled out all the previous staples, yanked the fabric off so that i had a clean slate.
5. i stapled on my fabric, make sure you pull it tight you don't want creases or looseness in your fabric. I also covered the base of the cushion with a plain black fabric just to cover up the unsightly wood.
6. Screw the cushion back on and hey presto you have yourself a brand new chair which suits your personality. Pick a Fabric that you love and is going to suit your style, that way you wont have to replace it till it gets old and ratty.