With a few common materials that are easily found in a craft shop, a little bit of ingenuity and the ability to have some fun you can make a Pottery Barn Skeleton Vase for Halloween or everyday decor!
You Will Need...
- • A package of Sculpey, Fimo or Premo Polymer Clay - Transparent is best
- • Sculpey tools or make-shift ones found around the home
- • Glue (depending on the type of vase you use) I used Elmers China and Glass Cement
- • Aluminum Foil
- • Heavy Duty Elastic Band
- • Toaster oven or regular oven
- • Spray Paint Satin Finish in Ivory
- • Van Dyke Brown Acrylic Paint
- • Paper Towels
- • Vase of your choice
- • Plastic to protect while painting
Click an image or step number to view full size.
# 1 Step 1: Lay the vase down on it's s...
# 2 Step 2: Condition your clay by knea...
# 3 Step 3: Place the ball on your vase...
# 4 Step 4: Now take your tools and beg...
# 5 Step 5: Do the same for the nose
# 6 Step 6: "Cut" Three lines for the t...
# 7 Step 7: Then cut the teeth vertical...
# 8 Step 8: After your skull has baked ...
# 9 Step 9: Now here comes the fun mess...
# 10 Step 10: Well, there you have it, A...