Creating a chic look for any room is easier and cheaper than you think! Today I’m showing you 11 before and after tutorials on how to take contemporary Ikea furniture and make it look gorgeous! I hope it gives you the confidence to try repainting furniture in your own home.
Before and After ~ Ikea
1. Ikea TV Stand repurposed into a bench - How a black TV stand was repurposed into a fun and functional bench for the master bedroom.
2. Dying Ikea Slip Cover - A step-by-step guide on how to dye fabric using this white Ikea slip cover I dyed green as an example.
3. How to make a Built-in from an Ikea Billy Bookcase - How to create a built-in look using a few pieces of bookcases from Ikea.
4. Little Table and Chair set from Ikea - How to make a boring white table set for your child, pop with color and comfort.
5. IKEA Hemnes dresser Before & After – I painted the dresser and then added some blue stripey trim around the drawers just for fun.
7. Ikea Rast Dresser - Re-inventing the Ikea rast dresser was VERY easy and relatively inexpensive. It is constructed of solid wood making it a great surface to paint, wallpaper, stain, etc.
8. Before and After Ikea Night Stand - wood conditioner on them before staining. Then I used a base coat of Red Mahogany since our bed has a bit of a red undertone and then went over that with several coats of a darker stain to match more of the brown tones of the wood in the bed.
9. Ikea Roll Paper Holder - How to make a paper dispense for the Ikea roll paper.
10. Repurposed Ikea Frame - Tthe frame was originally from Ikea (you can still buy them) it’s a plastic frame that i have painted in Antique White USA. i just love the scrolls. i have had fabric displayed in it for a few years, and it would also look great as a mirror.
11. Mykea Offers Custom Skins to Personalize Your IKEA Furniture - As great as the cheap and modular furniture from IKEA is, it’s a bit lacking in personality. Mykea offers custom skins that personalize your bland IKEA furniture to spice up your office and living space.
I hope these before and after Ikea furniture tutorials have inspired you to make over something in your home! As usual, feel free to leave links in the comments to pieces that you’ve refinished. We’d love to see them!
Have you ever refinished a piece of furniture before?