Turn a roadside find into a a great planter box for flowers and herbs! You will never drive by that forlorn piece of furniture without a second look again after you see this project.
You Will Need...
- Old dresser or chest of drawers
- spray paint
- locktite adhesive
- metal skewer
- plants of your choice
- potting soil
- old planter box
1. Find an unloved piece of furniture to fit your space. Mine was free, and found by the side of the road! Give it a good washing and place it out for display.
2. Using plastic planter boxes with no drainage holes, fill the boxes with your favorite flowers, plants or herbs. I used plants that are good for shade, since my piece will stay covered on my porch.
3. Using Heirloom White spray paint, paint something old and when dry, fill that with flowers and greenery.
4. For added interest, use Locktite adhesive to adhere decorative items to a metal barbeque skewer and let cure. When cured (about 24 hours), add the skewer to one of your plantings for a little flair. Search around the house for added decorative items to prop up, like a mirror or painting - keeping in mind that these items will be outside and could be exposed to the elements.