LOVE that takes 5 Minutes – quick birthday traditions
- Prepare a big sign or a cluster of balloons for he/she to find when they wake up on their birthday morning.
- Have a special plate, bowl, place mat, tablecloth, fork, or some other token to be used each year by every member of the family on their birthday.
- Take him/her to a “birthday only” restaurant every year. Only dine at that restaurant on birthdays to keep it special.
- Think out of the box. Put candles in anything! Candles don’t have to go in a cake. Be creative by sticking them in low profile potted flowers, a giant breakfast muffin, fruit, a new tub of open play dough, a nutrition bar, and more.
- Use your family message board to write a birthday banner on every year. I’ve given ideas on Celebration Banner boards before.