Print Free File: Ways to Say I Love You
There are many ways to say “I Love You” to your honey. Here are some you might not have thought of:
1. Leave chocolate kisses by the bed with a sweet note from you.
2. Dedicate a song to him on his favorite radio station.
3. Call him at work just to see how his day is going.
4. Try to prepare his all-time favorite dish. It may not taste quite like his mother makes it, but he’ll appreciate your efforts.
5. If he’s extra busy at work, offer to pick up his dry cleaning, fill his car with gas, or stop by the bank for him.
6. Organize a “dream” file, saving articles and photographs of vacation destinations or new home ideas that the two of you could work toward together.
7. Spend a Saturday at home together – with the door locked and the answering machine on.
8. Give him a break from rush-hour traffic. Offer to take him to work one day and pick him up that afternoon.
9. Tuck a small note in his pocket that tells him you love being his wife.
10. Take him out to see an action movie he’s been dying to see.
11. Tuck a book of “love” stamps in his briefcase.
12. Call his mother, just to see how she’s doing.
13. Write “I Love You” in lipstick on the bathroom mirror before he goes to get ready in the morning.
14. Celebrate every holiday!
15. Wear his favorite perfume.
16. Surprise him with a subscription to his favorite magazine.
17. Rent his favorite movie and make his favorite popcorn.
18. Write “I Love You” with chalk in his parking space at work.
19. If you can’t be home for dinner, leave him a romantic note in the refrigerator.
20. Deliver muffins or bagels to his office one morning.
21. Fax him a love note.
22. Drive by his office and leave a note on his car windshield inviting him to a romantic dinner.
23. Establish seasonal traditions such as a picnic on the first day of spring, or an annual trip to a mountain hideaway the first cool day of fall.
24. Make sure he never runs out of his favorite cologne.
25. Make a note of his boss’ birthday and remind him the day before.
26. Enjoy a sunset together.
27. Fill the cookie jar with those chocolate covered graham crackers he loved as a child.
28. Let him test drive that new, expensive sports car – just once!
29. Send him to work with a plate of your famous homemade oatmeal cookies for everyone to enjoy with their morning coffee.
30. Present him with a novelty apron to wear with he barbecues.
31. Leave a loving message on his voicemail at work.
32. Drop by his office when you know he’s out to lunch and leave a provocative note that makes him want to rush home that evening.
33. Go on an old-fashioned date to the skating rink or bowling alley.
34. Root through Bartlett’s Familiar Quotations for wonderful expressions that describe how you feel about him. Hide cards inscribed with the quotations where he’ll find them.
35. Find a scale model of that Ferrari or Jaguar he’s always wanted, so he can have the car of his dreams.
36. Write him a real letter once in while, just as if you were away and hadn’t seen him for a while.
37. Sit down once a month and schedule a couple of interesting dates. Always have something to look forward to as a couple.
38. Borrow or rent a convertible and surprise him with a moonlit ride.
39. Surprise him with a sweatshirt from his college alma mater.
40. Leave a path of rose petals that leads to your bedroom. Naturally he’ll find you waiting there!
41. Tape his favorite comic strip to the bathroom mirror.
42. Carefully open a new box of his favorite cereal. Insert a love note and reseal the package.
43. Freeze a note that says “I love you” in an ice cube.
44. Place a rose under the windshield of his car.
45. Share a bubble bath.
46. Give him a roll of Life Savers candies with a note that reads “You’re my lifesaver.”
47. Write “I love you” on the eggs in the refrigerator.
48. Order 10 boxes of his favorite Girl Scout cookies.
49. Dress up for Saturday dinner at home.
50. Write him a poem and cut the piece of paper into puzzle-shaped pieces. Mail the envelope to his office.
51. Remember his mother’s birthday because she was wonderful enough to raise such a special person.
52. Buy him a years supply of golf, tennis, or racket balls.
53. Leave fun messages that flash up when he turns on his home computer.
54. Invite him to lunch unexpectedly.
55. Slip a scented love note into his briefcase.
56. Arrive at his office at 5:00 on Friday to whisk him away for a romantic weekend.
57. Send him a card for no reason at all. Just that you love him.
58. Go for an early morning walk together.
59. Celebrate even the very smallest of occasions: the 100th Wednesday of your marriage, etc.
60. Buy his favorite CD and welcome him home to beautiful music.
61. Place a favorite CD in his car so he’ll have relaxing sound for his daily commute.
62. Leave a romantic message for him on your home answering machine.
63. Develop new interests that the two of you can pursue together, take golf lessons or join a health club together.
64. A spontaneous hug or kiss goes a long way!
65. Rent a bicycle built for two for a weekend outing.
66. Cook him a candlelit dinner after a particularly stressful day.
67. Schedule one night a week just for each other. Don’t make any other plans.
68. Take a midnight stroll and enjoy the moonlight together.
69. Begin your own traditions with a favorite vacation shop or restaurant that will help you fall in love all over again whenever you visit there.
70. Fill his car with helium balloons and a great big card that says you care.
71. When you shop for yourself, remember to buy a little something for him.
1. Throw him a surprise party, complete with balloons and noise makers.
2. A week before his birthday, start sending him birthday cards, so he’ll know how much you appreciate the even that brought him into the world.
3. Turn a birthday gift into a treasure hunt.
4. Rent a billboard for a birthday card he’ll never forget!
5. Send him a musical greeting card.
6. Prepare his favorite breakfast and serve him in bed, with a note from you tucked under the plate.
The extra mile:
1. If his favorite sports team is in town, surprise him with two tickets.
2. While on vacation, arrange a parasailing lesson, massage or anything else he wouldn’t normally do on his own.
3. Have his car washed, including the tires and the interior.
4. Plan a weekend of fun activities without leaving town. Go to the farmers market on Saturday morning; eat a leisurely brunch; go swimming in the afternoon; see a movie; eat at the new neighborhood restaurant.
5. Have his wedding band engraved to read “I Love You”.
6. For a really special surprise, contact an old friend he hasn’t seen in a while and arrange a surprise meeting.
7. Splurge and have your next dinner at home together catered.
8. Take a horse-drawn carriage ride through the city.
9. Go to a carnival together. Spend all your change on silly games.
10. Share an outdoor concert under the stars.
11. Mail him a menu from that new restaurant you’ve been anxious to try – along with an invitation for dinner – your treat.
1. Slip a scented love note into his briefcase.
2. Send mail to him when he’s away on business. Be sure to enclose a picture of you!
3. Surprise him with an engraved luggage tag for his next business trip.
4. When he returns from a business trip, get the Welcome Home banners out and have a private celebration.
5. Slip some of his favorite candy into his briefcase.
1. As an anniversary gift, write the story of your love as if it were a fairy tale. Include some of the reasons why you love him in it.
2. Plant a tree to commemorate a very special occasion such as your anniversary, first house, birth of your first child. Then watch the tree grow along with your love.
3. On your anniversary, surprise him with a limousine for the night. The two of you can cuddle in the back just like you did on your wedding day and enjoy a night on the town.