Wondering what do to with your kiddos this summer? Here are some fun suggestions to brighten up those long hot summer days.
I’ve already blogged about some activities I’ve done with my kids:
Mommy Gig has a great idea to brainstorm ideas with your kiddos on these topics:
- Things I can do on my own, or prefer to do alone
- Things that I like doing with a friend
- Things that I can do to entertain a younger brother or sister
- Things I would like to do with my mom, dad, aunt, etc.
- Things that have to be done outside
- Things that have to be done inside
- Fun places I’d like to go (that aren’t too far away and don’t cost a lot of money)
BlogHer has a list of kid-friendly websites. Nearly every product marketed for children offers a site full of games. Here’s a list of some of the especially impressive ones.
Smart Poodle Publishing has ideas to keep your kiddos busy this summer. Some of my favorites in their list are: summer olympics, board game marathon, and botanical press.
Pink Lemonade has a list of 10 low or no cost activities for you to do with your kids this summer. A couple of my favorites from her list are make a rocket, be entertained at library shows, and befriend a firefighter.
Pam has several summer craft activities to do at home with your kiddos.
Tri-Ed Tutoring also has some suggestions on how to get ready for summer. Visit the library, discover geography, create collections, nature’s best, use community resources, and have rainy day activities planned.